If you suffer from chronic facial and neck pain as well as recurring headaches the pain may be due to Temporomandibular Disorder, or TMD.
Symptoms of TMD include:
- Pain in the jaw area
- Pain, ringing, or stuffiness in the ears
- Frequent headaches or neck aches
- Clicking or popping sound when the jaw moves
- Swelling on the sides of the face
- Muscle spasms in the jaw area
- A change in the alignment of top and bottom teeth
- Locked jaw or limited opening of the mouth
Should you notice any of these symptoms, let your doctor know. Your dentist can help indicate the presence of TMD, and create an effective treatment just for you. You’ll find some steps you can take to lessen the severity of TMD or help prevent it altogether here.
Call us with any questions.